March 9, 2021 Uncategorized

Running a furnace is a necessary task to help you and your family fight off the effects of exposure to extremely low temperatures. But not all furnaces are made equal. Some are more efficient than others. Unfortunately, if you are keeping up with an old unit, its efficiency may not be the same as it was when you first bought it.

The energy-efficiency of a furnace plays a big part not only in keeping you comfortable at home, but it also affects your monthly heating costs.

Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning is a leading heating company in Brooklyn Center MN. We offer high-efficiency furnaces designed to help you maintain a comfortable home environment in the most energy-efficient ways.

What is AFUE?

Annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) is a measure of how efficient a furnace is in transforming energy in its fuel to heat over the course of a typical year. In other words, AFUE is the ratio of the annual heat output of the furnace versus the total annual fossil fuel energy it consumed.

For example, a furnace with 95 percent AFUE converts 95 percent of the fuel to usable heat. The remaining 5 percent goes up the chimney or elsewhere. Old furnaces from 30 years ago typically had an AFUE of 78 percent or less. This means that 22 percent of the heat or more is practically wasted.

In recent years, the government had demanded manufacturers to sell furnaces with a minimum AFUE rating of 80 percent. The Federal Trade Commission requires manufacturers to display the AFUE on their furnaces so customers can compare the heating efficiencies of different models.

Currently, a furnace is considered a high-efficiency unit if it has a minimum AFUE rating of 90 percent. Such heating systems not only help homeowners keep their homes comfortably warm, but they also upgrade the home’s resale value by lowering its carbon footprint. High-efficiency furnaces are also known to be quieter and safer compared to their standard counterparts.

Here’s another high-efficiency furnace from Lennox.

Features of the Lennox ML195 Gas Furnace

Standard Features

Every component of the ML195 has proven itself through extensive testing in our research labs. So you can take comfort knowing the furnace will deliver reliable performance, season after season.

With product registration, the ML195 may be eligible for a 10-year Limited Extended Warranty. Lennox also offers a 5-year Limited Warranty on covered parts and 20-Year Warranty on the Heat Exchanger.

Energy Efficiency

When paired with a Lennox® heat pump, the ML195 creates a system that can automatically alternate between electricity and gas fuel to keep you warm. So you’re always using the most energy-efficient way to keep comfortable.

Compared to older, low-efficiency models, the ML195 has an efficiency rating of 95 percent AFUE that can save you hundreds of dollars in heating costs per year.

The blower compartment of the ML195 is tightly sealed, permitting less than 1% air leakage. This means more of your air and energy go toward keeping you comfortable.

Performance

The ML195 has a Duralok Plus heat exchanger that is constructed from patented ArmorTuf steel that captures waste heat, and a stainless steel secondary heat exchanger that allows the unit to achieve industry-leading efficiency levels. This solid component exceeds industry requirements and extends the furnace’s life.

The ML195 includes special sound-absorbing materials that further reduce sound for even quieter operation.

Its SureLight® ignitor is designed with silicon nitride construction for long product life and reliable operation.

Its SureLight® integrated control board ensures full control of furnace operation.

To further lessen heat loss, Lennox designed the ML195 with an elegantly-styled, durable steel cabinet with high-quality paint finish.

Its robust blower assembly exceeds industry standard airflow for even temperatures and improved comfort.

Get the ML195 from a Lennox Premier Dealer

If you are looking to have this product installed in your home, be sure to call Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning. We are a proud recipient of the Lennox Premier Dealer honor, which is a testament to our continuous pursuit of providing excellent HVAC products and services. We are your dependable New Hope furnace repair and installation company. It is our pleasure to be your partner in creating an energy-efficient home.