October 10, 2019 Uncategorized

It is quite common for any household appliance to fail at some point. Sometimes, depending on the gravity of the situation, a total system replacement might be needed. When your unit is no longer capable of providing your comfort demands and visits from HVAC technicians have become a routine, you should consider shopping for a replacement.

Being the biggest energy consumer in your home, especially during peak seasons, your HVAC systems account for about half of your total monthly utility costs. For this reason, you have to start looking for high-efficiency systems that can directly impact your comfort and energy usage.

Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning is your trusted HVAC company in Coon Rapids MN that offers a wide range of high-efficiency home comfort systems such as furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, and air purifiers.

Understanding Efficiency Levels

A furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel into energy is measured by its annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). A furnace that is rated at 85 percent AFUE transforms 85 percent of every into heat. The remaining 15 percent escapes in the chimney or elsewhere.

If you want the most energy-efficient furnace, select the unit that has the highest AFUE rating. Today, the minimum standard AFUE for furnaces is set at 78 percent. A mid-efficiency furnace typically has an AFUE rating between 80 and 85 percent. On the other hand, a furnace is considered a high-efficiency unit if it has a rating of 90 AFUE or more.

You might think that with higher the AFUE rating comes at a higher price — and you are right. However, high-efficiency furnaces offer ultimate comfort and significant savings on your monthly utility costs. The unit will practically pay for itself as you use it through the years.

When it comes to air conditioners, SEER or seasonal energy efficiency ratio is the standard by which a unit is measured in terms of energy efficiency. Again, high-efficiency units have higher SEER ratings than others. The minimum SEER rating for air conditioners today is 14 but there are certain units that have ratings of 30 SEER or higher.

Why Invest in a High-Efficiency HVAC Unit

Lower Energy Consumption

Since these systems are energy-efficient, you will benefit from their ability to run at varying speeds, depending on your demands. According to ENERGY STAR, a high-efficiency unit can easily save you as much as $115 to $200 per year, compared to an older, lower-efficiency unit.

Tax Rebates

Not only do you save on monthly utility costs, but using a high-efficiency HVAC system also qualifies you for tax credits. For the most part, these tax credits can help you cut the initial costs of investing in a high-efficiency model.

Unparalleled Comfort

Technological advancements enable manufacturers to build HVAC systems that produce more consistent heating and cooling in every room in your home. High-efficiency units also provide uniform levels of airflow and have top-tier humidity control. These systems have variable-speed motors that provide the right amount of airflow throughout your home, increasing the static pressure in your ducts, resulting in more heated or cooled air in every register. All of those factors are essential to creating a more comfortable living environment.

Minimal Maintenance

One of the most important benefits of high-efficiency HVAC systems is that they require far less maintenance. They are typically built with more durable parts than older, conventional systems. An inefficient system will naturally cause problems in addition to running less efficiently compared to a new, high-efficiency model. In other words, you’re saving money on repairs and parts replacement by going for a high-efficiency unit.

Silent Operation

If you are still running an old HVAC system, chances are it’s starting to create louder operational noise that it used to. Noisy operation is a sign of old age and an indicator of failing internal parts. On the other hand, modern HVAC systems employ sound-absorbing materials that ensure your system provides optimum comfort levels without the annoying banging, hissing, or rattling sounds.

Looking for a High-Efficiency HVAC System? Call the Experts

For over 40 years, Marsh Heating and Air Conditioning has been providing excellent HVAC solutions to its customers. It is our objective to provide systems that meet and exceed industry standards, making sure you get no less than the best on the market. For more information, give us a call. We are your reliable Andover heating and air conditioning company.